Chiefs' Kelce questionable for AFC title game with back injury
Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce was a surprise addition to the team's injury report Friday due to a back injury and is officially questionable to play Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Kelce was a full participant at practice Friday.
The All-Pro tight end, regarded by many as the best at his position, is Kansas City's No. 1 receiving target and coming off one of the most productive seasons of his career.
He set career highs with 110 catches and 12 touchdown receptions to go along with 1,338 receiving yards through 17 games in the regular season. The 33-year-old also caught 14 passes for 98 yards and two scores in last week's divisional-round win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Kelce has missed just one game due to injury over the last five seasons.
The Chiefs also listed wide receiver Mecole Hardman as questionable. Hardman, who hasn't played since Week 9 due to a pelvis injury, was a limited participant at practice Friday.
Patrick Mahomes battled an ankle injury this week as well, but head coach Andy Reid confirmed on Friday that the superstar quarterback will start Sunday.
- Report: Jets add Hardman on 1-year deal
- Report: Russ underwent knee surgery, should be ready for OTAs
- Report: Billionaire Steve Apostolopoulos joins list of Commanders bidders
- Big Ben says 49ers pursued him in 2022: I'm only black and gold
- Ekeler 'relentlessly' seeking long-term deal: 'I'm so underpaid'