Lawrence day-to-day with foot injury, uncertain for Week 14
Pederson added that he's unsure if Lawrence will be able to suit up for Sunday's meeting with the Tennessee Titans. The signal-caller will not practice Wednesday, but Pederson said he believes Lawrence will take practice reps at some point this week.
Lawrence suffered the injury when he was taken down awkwardly on a sack shortly before the half in last Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions. He missed some time but managed to finish the contest, throwing for 179 yards and one touchdown.
Pederson told reporters that he has a lot of confidence in C.J. Beathard if the veteran quarterback must start the Week 14 contest against the Titans.
The first overall pick in 2021, Lawrence has improved his production in his second season. The Clemson product's completion percentage, passing yards per game, and passer rating have all climbed in Year 2. He's also tossed 17 touchdowns to six interceptions.
Jacksonville enters Week 14 with a 4-8 mark.
- theScore's NFL monthly awards: Top players, teams, storylines, and more
- Rodgers defends Wilson, says starting rumor QB didn't want to play is 'chickenshit'
- Jaguars' Lawrence suffers high ankle sprain in OT loss to Bengals
- 49ers sign veteran DB Logan Ryan
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 14: Players who must step up down the stretch