Mac Jones won't play vs. Packers due to ankle injury
Veteran signal-caller Brian Hoyer will start the Week 4 matchup.
Jones suffered the injury late in the fourth quarter against the Baltimore Ravens. The 24-year-old attended practice throughout the week but didn't participate in any drills. His ailment was initially considered a "pretty severe" high ankle sprain.
New England is off to a 1-2 start with Jones under center. Despite passing for 321 yards against Baltimore, he also tossed three interceptions. The 2021 Pro Bowler has thrown just two touchdowns compared to five interceptions in his second campaign.
Hoyer will make his 40th career start Sunday. He appeared in 75 total games over 14 years in the league. Head coach Bill Belichick doesn't envision the offensive strategy changing with Jones sidelined.
"Not too much," he said, according to Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal. "Brian has a lot of experience."
- Panthers hire Evero as defensive coordinator
- Cousins rallies NFC to secure win over AFC in Pro Bowl Games
- 49ers' Aiyuk: Eagles 'extremely lucky' to reach Super Bowl, will lose to Chiefs
- Report: Garrett believed to suffer dislocated toe in Pro Bowl Games
- Rodgers: 'A lot of Raider fans' encouraging me to come to Vegas