Ravens' Dobbins to make long-awaited return vs. Patriots
The 23-year-old tailback was inactive for the first two weeks of this season and missed the entire 2021 campaign after sustaining significant knee and hamstring injuries in a preseason game.
Dobbins fully participated in practices ahead of the Ravens' first two contests before being inactive for each matchup.
Baltimore expects the Ohio State product to bolster a rushing attack that's attempting to take the burden off quarterback Lamar Jackson's legs. Veteran Kenyan Drake has started at halfback to begin the 2022 campaign.
Dobbins ran for 805 yards and nine touchdowns while averaging 6 yards per carry as a rookie in 2020. The former second-round pick added 18 receptions for 120 yards in his debut season.
The Ravens are still awaiting the return of fellow tailback Gus Edwards, who will miss at least the first four games of the season after being placed on injured reserve. Offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley, who's also working his way back from injury, was ruled out for Sunday's game.
- Panthers hire Evero as defensive coordinator
- Cousins rallies NFC to secure win over AFC in Pro Bowl Games
- 49ers' Aiyuk: Eagles 'extremely lucky' to reach Super Bowl, will lose to Chiefs
- Report: Garrett believed to suffer dislocated toe in Pro Bowl Games
- Rodgers: 'A lot of Raider fans' encouraging me to come to Vegas