Raiders trade Edwards to Falcons
Las Vegas drafted Edwards in the third round in 2020. The South Carolina product had 34 receptions for 571 yards and three touchdowns in 2021, up from 11 catches, 193 yards, and one score as a rookie.
The Falcons heavily invested in their receiving corps this offseason after losing Calvin Ridley - suspended for the entire 2022 season - and Russell Gage - who signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in free agency.
The Falcons' offense also goes through tight end Kyle Pitts, whom Atlanta drafted fourth overall in 2021. Pitts led the team with 68 receptions and 1,026 yards last year. He also caught one touchdown.
Atlanta's set to begin a new era after trading longtime quarterback Matt Ryan to the Indianapolis Colts this offseason. The Falcons added a pair of quarterbacks this year, signing veteran Marcus Mariota in free agency and taking Desmond Ridder in the draft's third round.
Las Vegas still features a deep receiving corps led by wide receivers Davante Adams and Hunter Renfrow and tight end Darren Waller. The Raiders, who acquired Adams from the Green Bay Packers this year in a blockbuster trade, also signed Demarcus Robinson and Keelan Cole, among others, this offseason.
- Report: NFL adamant on indefinite suspension for Watson as hearing concludes
- Commanders' McLaurin: I 'embrace the responsibility' after extension
- Cutler rooting for Fields ahead of second season: 'He's the next big thing here'
- Jeudy excited about Broncos' potential with Wilson: 'We've got all the pieces'
- Cooper ready to lead Browns' receiving corps: 'That's the position I'm in now'