Report: Colts' Eberflus a finalist for Jaguars', Bears' coaching jobs
Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus is a finalist for two head coaching positions after he earned second interviews with the Chicago Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
The Bears have scheduled their second meeting with Eberflus next week, Pelissero notes. Meanwhile, the Jaguars will reportedly hold their second interview Thursday.
Eberflus commanded the Colts' defense for the last four seasons. His unit finished in the top 10 in points allowed in three of those campaigns.
The 2021 season arguably marked his finest in Indianapolis - the team's defense ranked ninth in scoring while also recording 33 takeaways, the second-most in the NFL.
The Bears fired head coach Matt Nagy at the end of the season while the Jaguars are looking to replace Urban Meyer, whose contract was terminated in December.
- Robinson: Playing in Rams' offense will 'bring the best out of me'
- Jones: Giants declining 5th-year option 'out of my control'
- Fantasy Podcast: Offseason risers and fallers for every NFC team
- Ravens veteran punter Sam Koch retires after 16 seasons
- Minority GM, coach candidates invited to meet NFL owners