Report: Texans' Taylor week-to-week with wrist injury
The veteran is believed to have possible torn ligaments in his left wrist, Rapoport adds. Rookie passer Davis Mills is expected to start against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 14 due to Taylor's injury.
Mills finished Sunday's shutout loss to the Indianapolis Colts after Taylor headed to the medical tent in the third quarter. Texans head coach David Culley declined to comment on Taylor's status as Houston's starter postgame, telling reporters he would "evaluate everything" following the 31-0 loss, according to ESPN's Sarah Barshop.
Both quarterbacks struggled against the Colts. Mills completed just 6 of his 14 attempts while Taylor went 5-of-13 passing.
The Texans are 2-4 in Taylor's six starts this season, with the 32-year-old throwing for five touchdowns to five interceptions. Mills, 23, went winless in six starts while filling in for Taylor earlier this year, tossing seven touchdowns against eight picks.
- Robinson: Playing in Rams' offense will 'bring the best out of me'
- Jones: Giants declining 5th-year option 'out of my control'
- Fantasy Podcast: Offseason risers and fallers for every NFC team
- Ravens veteran punter Sam Koch retires after 16 seasons
- Minority GM, coach candidates invited to meet NFL owners