Report: Texans not expected to deal Cooks, Tunsil ahead of trade deadline
Both players are considered assets to the club, which currently finds itself sitting at 1-6 and last in the AFC South through seven weeks.
Tunsil, 27, is considered one of the premier blockers in the league. The two-time Pro Bowler is currently on injured reserve after undergoing thumb surgery. He has started 33 contests since he was acquired by Houston in a 2019 blockbuster deal with the Miami Dolphins.
Cooks leads the Texans with 45 receptions for 502 yards and one touchdown. The 28-year-old accounts for 31.2% of Houston's passing targets.
The veteran pass-catcher has become accustomed to being a trade target after being dealt by the New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots, and Los Angeles Rams during his career.
Meanwhile, the club is reportedly entertaining offers for star quarterback Deshaun Watson ahead of the deadline.
- Seahawks' Adams considered retirement after quad injury
- NFL, union revise gambling policy; Lions' Williams to be reinstated
- Raiders' Chandler Jones arrested for violating protective order
- Claypool: Bears not using me to the best of my ability
- Colts' Richardson to return vs. Rams after clearing concussion protocol