Mayfield has shoulder fracture in addition to torn labrum
Mayfield, who also has a torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder, said the fracture is preventing his rotator cuff from firing, Glazer adds.
"I need that fracture to heal for me to get back out there," said the signal-caller, who's reportedly expected to require offseason surgery in his shoulder.
The 26-year-old, who was inactive against the Denver Broncos on Thursday Night Football, hopes he'll be available in Week 8 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to Glazer.
Mayfield suffered the torn labrum in Week 2 and then re-injured the non-throwing shoulder during Sunday's loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
The first overall pick in 2018, Mayfield is 3-3 this season and has tossed 1,474 yards with six touchdowns against three interceptions over six appearances.
- Jones throws 3 passes in Patriots' windy victory over Bills on MNF
- Oregon's Thibodeaux declares for NFL draft, reportedly skipping Alamo Bowl
- Fantasy: Waiver Wire - Week 14
- Chargers' Allen among 11 NFL players placed on COVID-19 list
- Report: Giants' Jones likely to miss 2nd straight game with neck injury