Browns' Chubb ruled out of TNF vs. Broncos
Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb will not play Thursday against the Denver Broncos due to a calf injury, head coach Kevin Stefanski announced Tuesday, according to team reporter Nathan Zegura.
D'Ernest Johnson will get the start in Chubb's absence.
Chubb also missed the Browns' Week 6 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
The two-time Pro Bowler has rushed for 523 yards and four touchdowns with an average of 5.8 yards per carry through five appearances this season.
Cleveland is currently without the services of its dynamic duo at tailback with both Chubb and Kareem Hunt sidelined by calf injuries. Hunt was placed on injured reserve earlier Tuesday, along with linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
It remains unclear whether Cleveland will also have to break in a new quarterback as Baker Mayfield deals with an injured non-throwing shoulder. Mayfield said he intends to start Thursday's prime-time matchup.
- Report: Brady undecided on returning for 2022 season
- Rodgers taking time to decide future after 'shocking' loss to 49ers
- Report: Payton yet to commit to Saints for '22, unlikely to coach another team
- 49ers score 10 points late to stun Packers in divisional round
- Burrow 'tired of the underdog narrative' after Bengals upset Titans