Raiders' Carr: From what I heard, I wasn't the QB from Brady's remark
Warning: Story contains coarse language
The mysterious team that passed on Tom Brady in free agency is still unknown.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback recently said he was shocked after an organization remained uninterested in him at the end of last year's free agency. Brady added his initial thought after being snubbed was, "You're sticking with that motherf-----? Are you serious?"
However, Carr has heard he wasn't the "motherf-----" in question.
"From what I know, it wasn't me," Carr recently said on "Brother from Another."
"If it was, I've gotten in enough trouble trying to challenge people to fights. But, as a man, Tom, I know you got the rings, but if it's not me, then we're good. What I heard, it wasn't me. And so I'm good with that."
The Raiders were among several clubs linked to Brady during his free agency period. The Los Angeles Chargers, Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts, and San Francisco 49ers were also associated with the superstar signal-caller.
Carr, 30, has posted two of the best seasons of his career in recent years, recording a passer rating above 100 in both 2019 and 2020. The three-time Pro Bowler is 15-17 in that span.
- Browns edge Broncos on TNF to snap 2-game skid
- Von Miller sprains ankle vs. Browns, expects to play in Week 8
- Mayfield has shoulder fracture in addition to torn labrum
- Congress asks NFL for information on Washington Football Team investigation
- NFL trade deadline big board: The 20 most appealing trade chips