Report: Chad Johnson declined boxing bout against 'Pacman' Jones
Chad Johnson and Adam "Pacman" Jones spent time together in the NFL, and it sounds like the duo were close to getting in the ring against one another as well.
The two former NFL players were in talks to fight on the Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul undercard until Johnson refused to fight Jones, a source told Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.
Jones and Johnson both enjoyed stints with the Cincinnati Bengals over the course of their NFL careers, but their time together in Cincinnati only overlapped for one season. Johnson played with the Bengals from 2001-2010, while Jones was with the team from 2010 to 2017.
Johnson has already agreed to a boxing match on the Mayweather-Paul card scheduled for June 6, but his opponent has not yet been finalized. The 43-year's bout will likely be a four- or six-round exhibition and is expected to be against an athlete or celebrity.
- Rodgers sounds off in lengthy, candid rundown of issues with Packers
- Packers acquiring Cobb from Texans
- Ravens' Jackson sidelined from camp due to positive COVID-19 test
- Redrafting the entire NFL, Part 3: Teams seek value as rosters are finalized
- Davante Adams: 'I've earned the right' to be NFL's highest-paid WR