Former NFL star Chad Johnson to fight on Mayweather-Paul undercard
The man formerly known as "Ochocinco" will fight on the undercard of the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Logan Paul event on June 6.
"Everything in life I'm good at outside of golf. June 6, Sweet Feet Johnson is going to go in there and do what I do best," Johnson said on the "I Am Athlete" podcast.
Johnson's fight will likely be a four- or six-round exhibition against a yet-to-be-named opponent, according to ESPN's Cameron Wolfe. The 43-year-old is expected to face either a celebrity or fellow athlete.
The former two-time All-Pro was known for his quick feet and extravagant touchdown celebrations during his 11-year football career. Although he trained at Mayweather's boxing club during offseasons, Johnson will now be making his boxing debut.
- Redrafting the entire NFL, Part 4: Which squad is best in our 5-season sim?
- 'Not only Luka': Slovenia too much for Japan, wins to move to 2-0
- Winners and losers from NHL free agency's frenetic start
- Sabres sign goaltenders Anderson, Dell to 1-year deals
- Best of the rest: Top remaining NHL UFAs by position