Prescott updates recovery: I could play now and be successful
Tom Pennington / Getty Images

Dak Prescott feels ready to go.

The Dallas Cowboys quarterback updated his recovery on Tuesday from the ankle injury that ended his 2020 season, saying he'd be able to play if the next campaign started right now.

"(I’m) close,” Prescott said. “I can go play in a game right now and in my head be very, very successful. So there's no doubt that when I need to be successful, when I need to do the things that it takes to be on the field, I’ll do exactly that, and the timing will be right.”

The Cowboys signed Prescott to a reported four-year, $160-million extension this offseason. Shortly after inking his new deal, the 27-year-old said he would be recovered in time for the start of the 2021 campaign. Prescott also participated in light on-field passing drills last month.

The signal-caller suffered a compound fracture and dislocation of his right ankle during a Week 5 win over the New York Giants last season. He also reportedly underwent a second procedure last December.

A two-time Pro Bowler, Prescott has posted a 42-27 record as a starter since entering the NFL in 2016. He was also on pace in 2020 to set a new career high in passing yards per game while averaging 371.6 before his injury.

Comments
Prescott updates recovery: I could play now and be successful
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox