Darnell Dockett expected to announce retirement Monday
The Cardinals announced Dockett, along with owner Michael Bidwell and head coach Bruce Arian, will hold a press conference Monday.
Dockett's Cardinals career came to an end when he was released in February 2015, following a season lost to a torn ACL suffered in training camp.
The San Francisco 49ers signed Dockett to a two-year deal in March 2015, but cut him before the start of the season.
The 35-year-old will end his career with 40.5 sacks, seventh most in Cardinals history, three Pro Bowl appearances, and two All-Pro selections.
The former third-round pick was integral to the Arizona team that reached the Super Bowl in 2008. Dockett racked up three sacks in the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, tied for most in Super Bowl history.
Dockett's uncensored and outspoken personality made him a fan favorite in Arizona.
- Wentz caught off guard by Irsay's remarks: 'Came out of left field'
- Justin Fields faces an uncertain 2022 while Bears fix other problems
- Eagles sign Bradberry to 1-year deal reportedly worth $10M
- Chargers break ground on new complex in El Segundo
- Vikings assistant Pettine leads coaching diversity workshop