Kane, Toews, Hossa help Blackhawks roll over Avalanche for 7th straight win
Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa scored two goals apiece and Jonathan Toews tallied three points as the Chicago Blackhawks extended their win streak to seven games with a 6-3 victory over the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday.
Kane scored at even strength in the first period, and added his 25th goal of the season on the power play in the second.
Hossa scored for the first time in 14 games, and added another late in the second period for his 493rd career goal.
Toews went top shelf to give the Blackhawks a 5-2 lead before the second intermission, and also added a pair of assists.
Avalanche forward Matt Duchene scored twice in a span of less than four minutes for his 20th and 21st tallies of the campaign.
The Blackhawks improved to 27-13-4, and moved to within four points of the idle Dallas Stars, who occupy top spot in the Central Division.
Chicago snapped Colorado's three-game win streak, and won for the eighth time in the last 10 contests.
- Mayfield has shoulder fracture in addition to torn labrum
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- Congress asks NFL for information on Washington Football Team investigation
- Odell active vs. Broncos despite shoulder injury
- China blocks Celtics games after Kanter's public support of Tibet