Report: Masoli out at least 10-12 weeks after taking low hit
There's a chance Masoli returns before the end of the season, Lalji adds.
Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive lineman Garrett Marino hit Masoli low with just over five minutes remaining in Friday's contest. Masoli stayed down for a significant amount of time before a pair of teammates carried the 33-year-old off the field.
Masoli left the game having passed for 210 yards, one touchdown, and one interception while completing 70.4% of his attempts.
Referees penalized Marino on the play and ejected him from the contest. The defender enthusiastically celebrated with the home crowd as he made his way to the team's locker room.
The CFL suspended Marino for four games for his conduct against the Redblacks. The suspension is the longest in league history for in-game behavior in a single contest.
"This behavior has no place in our league," said CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie.
Caleb Evans replaced Masoli under center for the remainder of the game. Evans and Tyrie Adams are in consideration to start for the Redblacks in Week 6 against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Ottawa acquired Nick Arbuckle from the Edmonton Elks in exchange for a 2023 fourth-round draft pick Monday.
Masoli signed a two-year contract with Ottawa in February after spending eight seasons with Hamilton.
- MLB to use neutral pitch-clock operators for postseason games
- Police investigating $100K equipment theft at Bears' Soldier Field
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Reynolds: Pirates can use Cubs manager Ross' comments as 'motivation'
- Aaron Rodgers focused on getting healthy, won't put timeline on return