Memphis star Achiuwa declares for NBA draft
Memphis star Precious Achiuwa is declaring for the NBA draft and will forego his remaining college eligibility, he told ESPN's Jonathan Givony.
"This is the next step in my journey and career as a basketball player," Achiuwa told Givony. "I'm really excited for it."
Achiuwa emerged as the Tigers' leader after the abrupt departure of James Wiseman. The 6-foot-9 freshman averaged 15.8 points, 10.8 boards, and 1.9 blocks en route to earning AAC Player of the Year honors.
He's an active defender with the length to contest shots from the perimeter and interior. However, Achiuwa experienced issues taking care of the ball in 2019-20, committing the fourth-most turnovers in the AAC.
Achiuwa is ESPN's 12th-ranked prospect, and The Athletic's Sam Vecenie projects the 20-year-old as a lottery pick in his latest mock draft.
- Salary cap, Coyotes' future highlight Bettman's Stanley Cup Final presser
- Report: Strasburg has severe nerve damage, shut down from rehab
- Bedard makes history, wins 3 at CHL Awards
- Semien's hit streak reaches 22 games as Rangers rough up Mariners
- Malone warns against complacency: Nuggets 'haven't done a damn thing'