Report: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO
To see a list of all transactions throughout the summer, visit theScore's NHL Offseason Tracker.
Peter Mueller is getting another chance to crack the NHL.
Mueller showed great promise as an NHL rookie after being selected eighth overall at the 2006 NHL Draft, scoring 22 goals and adding 32 assists in 2007-08 as a member of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Traded to the Colorado Avalanche in 2010, his career was derailed by a serious concussion, and he last played in the NHL with the Florida Panthers during the lockout-shortened 2013 season, for whom he recorded eight goals and nine assists in 43 games. Mueller did sign a contract with the St. Louis Blues prior to the 2014-15 season, but it was soon terminated and he ended up playing in Switzerland that season.
Mueller appeared in 43 games for the Malmo Redhawks in the Swedish Premier League last season, scoring 13 goals and adding 12 assists.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal