VIDEO: Joe Montana's son lacks clutch gene, spikes ball on 4th down
Tulane quarterback Nick Montana is the son of San Francisco 49ers legend Joe Montana, inarguably one of the greatest clutch quarterbacks in the history of the game.
It seems that the trait was not passed on, as Nick made one of the more boneheaded plays in recent memory in Saturday's game against Central Florida.
With the Green Wave trailing 13-3 and marching into field goal range at the UCF 27-yard line near the end of the first half, Montana spiked the ball to stop the clock on fourth-and-1, ending the drive and robbing the team a chance at cutting into their deficit.
- Report: Rose Bowl clears way for CFP expansion starting in 2024
- Kentucky's Levis declares for NFL draft, undecided about bowl game
- Former Nebraska interim coach Joseph arrested in domestic case
- Florida's Kitna charged with possessing child pornography
- CFP Rankings: Michigan rises amid top 4 shake-up, Ohio State drops to No. 5