Report: Pitt's Addison to enter transfer portal
Addison - who won the Biletnikoff Award for the nation's top receiver last season - reportedly has yet to make up his mind on a destination and a decision isn't imminent.
The 20-year-old filed his paperwork and informed Pittsburgh prior to the May 1 deadline, added Thamel.
USC has been widely linked to a move for Addison. Panthers coach Pat Narduzzi reportedly called Trojans coach Lincoln Riley multiple times to express his displeasure over the receiver's potential transfer.
"A return to Pittsburgh remains a very viable option," a person close to Addison told Thamel Tuesday.
Addison racked up 100 catches for 1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns to earn first-team All-American honors in 2021.
Pitt has already lost starting quarterback Kenny Pickett, who was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 20 in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday.
Meanwhile, USC is set to start star Caleb Williams, who followed Riley from Oklahoma after a breakout campaign last year.
- Notre Dame AD: Big Ten deal with NBC 'perfect' for Irish
- Alabama's Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Wake Forest's Hartman out indefinitely with non-football medical condition
- Former Washington State coach Rolovich files wrongful termination claim
- Report: Big Ten finalizing deal with Fox Sports, CBS, NBC