Alabama's Williams headed to 2022 NFL Draft
Jameson Williams is headed to the NFL.
Williams' announcement comes after he suffered a torn ACL on Monday in the national championship game loss to Georgia. He's reportedly expected to make a full recovery, though it's unclear how the injury will affect his draft stock.
The junior pass-catcher led the Crimson Tide with 1,572 receiving yards and 15 touchdown catches to go along with 79 receptions in 2021. He also scored twice on kickoff returns this past season.
Williams played his first two college campaigns at Ohio State before transferring to Alabama in 2021. He only caught 15 passes for 266 yards and three touchdowns with the Buckeyes.
The former four-star recruit joins Alabama's All-American left tackle Evan Neal in declaring early for the 2022 NFL Draft, which is set to take place in April.
- Kiffin: College football is 'a professional sport'
- 4-star QB Holstein joins Bama after decommitting from Texas A&M in March
- Nebraska ending traditional 1st-touchdown balloon release
- Spurrier backs Alabama's Saban in feud with Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher
- ACC revenue up in 2020-21 with Notre Dame in football chase