Arrest warrant rescinded in OBJ butt-slap case
Chris Graythen / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The warrant for Odell Beckham Jr.'s arrest has been rescinded, the New Orleans Police Department confirmed to Nate Ulrich of the Beacon Journal, after the security officer who reported that Beckham slapped his butt at the Superdome decided he did not want to press charges.

The 48-year-old lieutenant indicated earlier this week that he wanted the Cleveland Browns receiver to be charged for his actions in the aftermath of LSU winning the national title. By Friday evening, however, sources told NOLA.com's Ramon Antonio Vargas and John Simerman that the officer had signed an affidavit stating he did not wish to press charges.

"The security officer involved does not wish to pursue charges in this matter. The legal matter has been resolved," Beckham's lawyer, Daniel Davillier, said in a statement obtained by Vargas and Simerman on Saturday.

While the Tigers celebrated in their locker room Monday night, Beckham appeared to give a police officer a butt slap while the officer tried to enforce the venue's no-smoking policy.

The NOPD issued an arrest warrant for the player on a charge of simple battery Thursday morning after a judge rejected the initial application for a charge of misdemeanor sexual battery.

It's possible Beckham could still be subject to discipline under the NFL's personal conduct policy. In a statement to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, the league said it has "been monitoring the situation" but declined to comment further.

Beckham, 27, was also part of another controversy during LSU's postgame celebration when he gave cash to Tigers players. While it's still unclear whether the money he handed out was real or fake, the school announced Wednesday that it had contacted the NCAA and SEC about the incident.

Comments
Arrest warrant rescinded in OBJ butt-slap case
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox