Villanova star Moore targeting return in late December
The Wildcats' Big East schedule starts Dec. 21 at home against St. John's.
Moore tore his right Achilles tendon in the school's Elite Eight victory over Houston. The senior guard was a key member of last season's squad, averaging 14.8 points, 4.8 boards, 2.3 assists, and one steal over 36 appearances. He also finished third in the Big East in triples made (80) and 12th in free-throw attempts (120).
Moore was a 2021-22 All-Big East second-team selection and part of the NCAA Tournament's All-South Region team.
Villanova is entering a new era following the departure of longtime head coach Jay Wright and guard Collin Gillespie. The Wildcats have won seven of the last nine Big East regular-season titles.
- Long Beach State spoils Bronny's NCAA debut with OT win over USC
- Jones scores 29, Memphis beats No. 21 Texas A&M
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Washington rallies in 2nd half, tops No. 7 Gonzaga
- Ighodaro scores 20 points, No. 8 Marquette rolls past Notre Dame