Auburn inks Pearl to 8-year deal worth $5.4M annually
Bruce Pearl is staying put in Auburn.
The Tigers agreed to a new long-term contract with the men's basketball bench boss, director of athletics Allen Greene announced Friday.
Pearl's deal will pay him $5.4 million annually over eight years, with a $250,000 annual escalator, the school announced Saturday.
He had been linked to Louisville's job opening after the Cardinals mutually parted ways with Chris Mack earlier this week.
Auburn has gone 157-93 since hiring Pearl in March 2014. The 61-year-old has guided the program to one SEC regular-season title, a conference tournament crown, and a Final Four appearance.
The Tigers recently became the nation's top-ranked team for the first time in school history.
Auburn is 19-1 on the season, including an 8-0 mark in SEC play.
- Tennessee signs 5-star recruit, former LSU commit Julian Phillips
- Weber State head coach Rahe retiring after 16 seasons
- Clemson adds G Brevin Galloway to men's basketball roster
- Iowa assistant Kirk Speraw retiring after 43-year career
- Notre Dame's Brey: 'Everybody should shut up and adjust' to transfer portal, NIL