Cousins blasts NCAA, backs G League route for young players
"Well, knowing what I know now, college is bulls---," Cousins said, according to ESPN's Nick Friedell. "College basketball and the NCAA is bulls---. So my advice to him is, 'Do what's best for you and your family.'
"... The D League/G League route. I think that's helpful. Obviously, it's not a popular thing right now, but I think it will grow over time. You've seen a couple of young guys in that program already."
Cousins also complimented LaVar Ball for founding the Junior Basketball Association in December 2017. The league offers high school and junior college players the opportunity to play at a professional level while also being compensated.
"So it was kind of cool what (LaVar) Ball did with his whole little league," Cousins said, according to Friedell. "I think it's a cool thing. Obviously he doesn't have the greatest name and people look at him in a foolish manner, but what he's doing makes sense. He wants to help these kids."
- UConn center Donovan Clingan out 1 month with foot injury
- Kansas transfer Morris charged with rape, dismissed from team
- Top Memphis recruit Mikey Williams barred from hoops activities amid ongoing gun charges
- Alabama gains commitment from top-25 big man Aiden Sherrell
- Kansas State signs coach Tang to 7-year extension