Report: KAT, Edwards could return Wednesday vs. Hawks
The Minnesota Timberwolves may be getting a pair of key players back soon.
The club's optimistic that Karl-Anthony Towns and Anthony Edwards will both suit up for Wednesday's matchup against the Atlanta Hawks, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Towns has been out since late November due to a Grade 3 calf strain. The big man was originally slated to miss four-to-six weeks. He averaged 20.8 points, 8.2 boards, and 5.3 assists before being sidelined.
Meanwhile, Edwards has missed the club's last two contests due to an ankle injury. The former No. 1 overall pick stepped up during Towns' extended absence, registering 24.7 points, 5.9 boards, 4.4 assists, and 1.6 steals per contest en route to his first All-Star selection.
Minnesota currently sits eighth in the West with a 36-37 record, just one game back of the Golden State Warriors for the No. 6 spot.
- Spoelstra resolute after loss: We're going to 'get it done' in Game 7
- Report: Bucks hiring Raptors assistant Griffin as coach after Nurse pulls out
- White plays hero as Celtics move within 1 win of historic comeback
- NBA Podcast: Celtics survive, Nuggets wait, Lakers look forward
- K-State's Johnson cleared for NBA draft selection