Report: KAT, Edwards could return Wednesday vs. Hawks
The Minnesota Timberwolves may be getting a pair of key players back soon.
The club's optimistic that Karl-Anthony Towns and Anthony Edwards will both suit up for Wednesday's matchup against the Atlanta Hawks, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Towns has been out since late November due to a Grade 3 calf strain. The big man was originally slated to miss four-to-six weeks. He averaged 20.8 points, 8.2 boards, and 5.3 assists before being sidelined.
Meanwhile, Edwards has missed the club's last two contests due to an ankle injury. The former No. 1 overall pick stepped up during Towns' extended absence, registering 24.7 points, 5.9 boards, 4.4 assists, and 1.6 steals per contest en route to his first All-Star selection.
Minnesota currently sits eighth in the West with a 36-37 record, just one game back of the Golden State Warriors for the No. 6 spot.
- Report: Pacers, Hield working on trade after extension talks stall
- There's still time for last summer's win-now swings to pan out
- James Dolan: 'I don't really like owning teams'
- Dame: I'd 'lose every year' before joining Warriors
- Body camera footage shows Cavs' Altman being told he nearly caused accident