Report: Celtics sign Blake Griffin to 1-year deal
Griffin played with the Brooklyn Nets last season, suiting up in 56 contests, including 24 starts. He averaged a career-low 6.4 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game in 2021-22.
Across 12 NBA campaigns, the No. 1 overall pick in 2009 has averaged 19.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per contest.
The 33-year-old has reinvented his game in recent seasons. Griffin has become a steady veteran presence and habitual outside shooter after the athleticism and jumping ability that turned him into one of the league's biggest stars began to diminish.
In Boston, Griffin has the opportunity to slot into the bench forward role that was slated to be held by free-agent signee Danilo Gallinari before he tore his ACL playing for the Italian national team this summer.
- NBA Power Rankings: Each team's biggest cause for concern
- By the numbers: Standout stats from a record-breaking night in the NBA
- LaVine out 3-4 more weeks with right foot inflammation
- Clippers overcome Jokic's triple-double to snap 8-game series skid vs. Nuggets
- Defense optional when Pacers, Bucks meet in tournament semifinal