Report: Celtics sign Blake Griffin to 1-year deal
Griffin played with the Brooklyn Nets last season, suiting up in 56 contests, including 24 starts. He averaged a career-low 6.4 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game in 2021-22.
Across 12 NBA campaigns, the No. 1 overall pick in 2009 has averaged 19.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per contest.
The 33-year-old has reinvented his game in recent seasons. Griffin has become a steady veteran presence and habitual outside shooter after the athleticism and jumping ability that turned him into one of the league's biggest stars began to diminish.
In Boston, Griffin has the opportunity to slot into the bench forward role that was slated to be held by free-agent signee Danilo Gallinari before he tore his ACL playing for the Italian national team this summer.
- Grizzlies rally to beat Pacers behind Morant's triple-double
- Refs confirm missed foul call for LeBron at end of regulation vs. Celtics
- Crowning The King: Chronicling LeBron's path to Kareem's scoring record
- Report: Pelicans' Murphy invited to Slam Dunk Contest
- Leonard scores 32, Clippers beat Hawks for 5th straight win