Celtics' Williams expected to miss 8-12 weeks following knee surgery
The anticipated 8-12-week absence is longer than the reported four-to-six-week timetable from earlier this week.
Williams, 24, is now on pace to return in mid-November at the earliest.
The big man underwent meniscus surgery in March before returning for the 2022 postseason. He averaged 7.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks in 17 playoff contests.
- Middleton not concerned about Giannis' future: It's business as usual
- NBA Podcast: New resting rules, Dame non-stories, Giannis angst
- Report: Pacers, Hield working on trade after extension talks stall
- Lillard: Criticism against Westbrook 'is just crazy to me'
- Body camera footage shows Cavs' Altman being told he nearly caused accident