Report: Celtics' Williams to miss 4-6 weeks after knee procedure
Williams will reportedly undergo the procedure Thursday. He's expected to return early in the regular season but will miss training camp and the preseason, Wojnarowski adds.
The 24-year-old underwent meniscus surgery in March before returning for the playoffs, averaging 7.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks in 17 postseason games.
Boston is already without veteran forward Danilo Gallinari after the 34-year-old tore his ACL while playing for Italy during World Cup qualifiers earlier this offseason.
- Pelicans pull away from Kings to secure In-Season Tournament semifinal berth
- Browning steals spotlight as Bengals stun Jaguars with OT win on MNF
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes
- Jaguars' Lawrence exits with reported ankle sprain in OT loss to Bengals