Report: Celtics' Williams to miss 4-6 weeks after knee procedure
Williams will reportedly undergo the procedure Thursday. He's expected to return early in the regular season but will miss training camp and the preseason, Wojnarowski adds.
The 24-year-old underwent meniscus surgery in March before returning for the playoffs, averaging 7.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks in 17 postseason games.
Boston is already without veteran forward Danilo Gallinari after the 34-year-old tore his ACL while playing for Italy during World Cup qualifiers earlier this offseason.
- Avalanche getting Bryam, Nichushkin back from injuries Tuesday vs. Pens
- Cousins rallies NFC to secure win over AFC in Pro Bowl Games
- Chiefs, Eagles land in Phoenix, prepare for Super Bowl
- NBA probed Pacers incident reportedly involving Morant's associates
- Report: Mets bring back Beltran for front-office role