Warriors' Green fined $25K for flipping off Grizzlies fans
Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green was fined $25,000 for directing an obscene gesture toward fans during his team's Game 2 loss in Memphis, the NBA announced Thursday.
Green raised a pair of middle fingers to Grizzlies supporters as he left the court to receive stitches following a hard elbow to the face in Tuesday's contest.
"You're going to boo someone who just got elbowed in the eye and their face has running down blood, you should get flipped off," Green said after the game. "It felt really good to flip them off."
Grizzlies forward Xavier Tillman, whose elbow struck Green in the face, wasn't called for a foul on the play.
Moments earlier, Grizzlies forward Dillon Brooks was ejected for a flagrant-2 foul that injured the Warriors' Gary Payton II. Brooks was subsequently suspended for Game 3.
- Jokic's triple-double lifts Nuggets past Rockets in Murray's return
- Lakers bounce back to hand Pistons team-record 15th straight loss
- California police investigating Thunder's Giddey for alleged relationship with minor
- Anthony Edwards is mastering the mid-range game
- Raptors end Suns' 7-game winning streak, spoiling Durant's return