Report: 76ers including Harris in potential Simmons trade packages
Tobias Harris could be on the move.
Simmons' agent, Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul, met with 76ers president Daryl Morey and general manager Elton Brand on Wednesday to discuss his client's holdout, but the situation remains unchanged, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Harris, 29, is averaging 18.4 points and 7.5 rebounds this season and is owed $79.4 million over the next two campaigns. Simmons, 25, will earn over $140 million through the 2024-25 season, which makes finding a trade partner to take on both players' salaries a challenging task.
The 76ers have been engaged in trade discussions involving Simmons since October. The Australian floor general hasn't appeared in a game with the team this season because of mental health issues.
- Report: Nuggets trade Barton, Morris to Wizards for KCP, Smith
- Report: NBA salary cap will jump to $123.6 million for 2022-23
- Report: Knicks trade Noel, Burks to Pistons, opening space for Brunson
- Report: Jazz finalizing deal to name Celtics assistant Hardy as head coach
- Top 25 NBA free agents: The biggest names potentially available this summer