Heat's Adebayo to undergo thumb surgery
A timetable for Adebayo's return will be provided after the procedure. However, there is an expectation he'll miss six weeks, reports Tim Reynolds of The Associated Press.
Adebayo suffered the injury during Monday's 120-111 loss to the Denver Nuggets. He played over 35 minutes in that game, finishing with 24 points (20 in the second half), 13 rebounds, and six assists while shooting 11-of-19 from the field.
The 24-year-old is registering 18.7 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.1 steals in 18 games this season for the Heat, who currently sit tied for third in the Eastern Conference.
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul
- Harden's triple-double powers Nets past Spurs
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Jaren Jackson's defensive leap is powering the Grizzlies' rise