Hornets sign LiAngelo Ball to reported non-guaranteed contract
Ball agreed to a non-guaranteed contract and will play for the Hornets' G League affiliate, the Greensboro Swarm, this upcoming season, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
He was reportedly set to sign a general contract and enter this month's G League draft before inking a deal with Charlotte. The contract allows the Hornets to secure Ball's rights.
The 22-year-old had a decent showing for Charlotte in summer league play, averaging 9.6 points, two rebounds, and 1.6 steals in 17.4 minutes per game.
Ball's younger brother, LaMelo, is the club's starting point guard and the reigning NBA Rookie of the Year.
- Heat, Bulls lose 2nd-rounders for Lowry, Lonzo sign-and-trade violations
- Hawks coach McMillan isolating after assistant enters health protocols
- LeBron enters health and safety protocols, may reportedly miss 10 days
- Suns top Warriors to tie franchise record with 17th straight win
- NBA has 97% vaccination rate, reportedly urging players to get booster