Bulls' Williams out 4-6 weeks with severe ankle sprain
The Bulls' fourth overall pick in 2020 is fresh off earning a spot on the All-Summer League second team after averaging 21 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, and 1.3 steals while shooting 43.8% from 3-point range over three games.
Williams, 20, was projected to start the season as Chicago's starting power forward in a revamped lineup alongside Lonzo Ball, DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine, and Nikola Vucevic. Third-year guard Coby White, who will likely serve as the Bulls' sixth man, is expected to return in November after undergoing shoulder surgery in June.
The Bulls are preparing to begin training camp Sept. 28.
- Nuggets' Porter will undergo back surgery, could reportedly miss season
- LeBron's 33 points lead Lakers past Pistons
- NBA Power Rankings: Breaking down red flags and Achilles heels
- Jenkins: Morant avoided serious knee injury, out at least a 'couple of weeks'
- Report: Bucks sign Cousins to 1-year, non-guaranteed deal