Report: 90% of NBA players are now fully vaccinated
The NBA has reached a 90% full vaccination rate among players, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania on Thursday.
Player vaccinations have been rising as of late, with the league-wide total reportedly sitting at roughly 85% earlier in September.
The league said it will not mandate COVID-19 vaccinations in order to participate in the 2021-22 season, but team personnel who work within 15 feet of players must get vaccinated by Oct. 1.
Despite the absence of a mandated vaccine policy, new laws in New York, San Francisco, and Toronto could prevent unvaccinated players from playing.
- LeBron still shuns load management: I 'feel worse when I play low minutes'
- Sexton, Bridges headline players without rookie contract extensions
- Silver: 'I'm still hopeful Kyrie will get vaccinated'
- Hawks sign Huerter to 4-year, $65M contract extension
- Silver: NBA still mulling in-season tourney but needs players to buy in