Report: Hornets have strong interest in offer sheet for Bulls' Markkanen
Restricted free agents can begin signing offer sheets Friday. A player's original team has two days to match.
Markkanen has averaged 15.6 points and 7.1 boards while shooting 36.6% from deep over four seasons in the Windy City, but injuries have caused the Finnish big man to miss significant time in each of his NBA campaigns. He's exceeded 52 appearances in a single season only once in his career.
The 24-year-old was eligible for a rookie extension before the 2020-21 campaign, but the Bulls opted not to offer him a long-term deal.
Originally selected seventh overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 2017 NBA Draft, Markkanen joined Chicago in the draft-night trade sending Jimmy Butler to Minnesota.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?