Kawhi officially out for Game 3, CP3 probable to return
Los Angeles Clippers star Kawhi Leonard has been officially ruled out for Game 3 of the Western Conference finals on Thursday against the Phoenix Suns due to his right knee sprain, the Clippers announced.
Leonard's status for the rest of the conference finals is still undetermined. The five-time All-Star injured his knee in Game 4 of the previous round against the Utah Jazz and missed the final two games of the series. The L.A.-born forward also did not travel with his team to Phoenix for Games 1 and 2 against the Suns. The club reportedly fears Leonard has suffered an unspecified ACL injury.
Paul entered the league's health and safety protocols ahead of Game 1 and subsequently missed the first two games. However, Phoenix held its own without the veteran point guard, taking a 2-0 lead in the matchup as the series shifts to L.A. for Games 3 and 4.
- Report: Grizzlies to trade Valanciunas to Pelicans for package, No. 10 pick
- Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
- Top 10 trade candidates this offseason
- Doncic debuts with 48 points, Slovenia wins Olympic opener
- Team USA is vulnerable in Tokyo. Can Australia mount a worthy challenge?