Kawhi out indefinitely after surgery for partially torn ACL
Leonard sustained the injury in Game 4 against the Utah Jazz during the second round and missed the remainder of the Clippers' postseason run.
The two-time NBA Finals MVP was originally diagnosed with a knee sprain, but the Clippers reportedly feared an ACL injury.
Leonard has averaged 26 points, 6.8 boards, five assists, and 1.7 steals over two seasons in Los Angeles. The five-time All-Star can become a free agent this offseason if he declines his $36-million player option for 2021-22.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better