Forbes: Knicks most valuable NBA franchise for 5th straight year
The Knicks are worth an estimated $4.6 billion - an increase of $600 million from the year before. Among North American sports franchises, only the Dallas Cowboys ($5.5 billion) are worth more than the Knicks.
The Los Angeles Lakers ($4.4 billion) and Golden State Warriors ($4.3 billion) were the only other NBA teams to crack the $4-billion mark. Rounding out the top five in the Association were the Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics.
Overall, the average NBA team is worth $2.12 billion, up 14% in the past year, according to Forbes' Kurt Badenhausen. In 2011, no franchise in the league was valued at $1 billion.
Below is the full list of teams and their respective values:
|New York Knicks||$4.6|
|Los Angeles Lakers||$4.4|
|Golden State Warriors||$4.3|
|Los Angeles Clippers||$2.6|
|Portland Trail Blazers||$1.85|
|San Antonio Spurs||$1.8|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||$1.575|
|New Orleans Pelicans||$1.35|
- Report: Rockets aggressively pursuing Pistons' No. 1 pick
- T-Wolves block Hernangomez from Olympics, upsetting Spanish federation
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.
- Trio of NBA Finals players finally arrives at Tokyo Olympics