Kawhi Leonard could stay north of the border after all.
Toronto's pitch to the 27-year-old forward will revolve around "trust, familiarity, a commitment to maintaining his health, and the shared goal of chasing a championship," according to Lewenberg.
The Raptors will also be able to offer Leonard a maximum five-year extension worth $190 million, while other teams are limited to just four years and $141 million on any potential deal.
The Los Angeles Clippers have reportedly shown the most interest in Leonard should he turn down his 2019-20 player option and hit free agency, as a number of their executives have been spotted at Raptors games this season, including president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank.
Toronto has exercised caution with Leonard since acquiring him from the San Antonio Spurs last summer in a trade that sent DeMar DeRozan the other way, as a nine-game stretch from November to December still ranks as the most consecutive contests he's played in this season, and he hasn't appeared in more than three straight since February.
Leonard commended the Raptors' medical staff on Friday for their work in keeping him healthy after he played in only nine games last season.
"We'll see how it goes moving forward, but me missing games isn't just to keep me fresh," he said. "It's (about) making sure I don't re-injure something that I was out for last year. Like I said before, they've been doing a good job of reading images and making sure that I'm improving instead of declining on the health side.
"It feels a lot better than when I started the season. There was a little spell where it kind of plateaued but everybody put their minds together and we figured out a way and now things are looking good and I’m feeling good."
Leonard's averages of 27.2 points and 1.8 steals lead the Raptors this season, while his 7.5 rebounds per game are second only to Serge Ibaka.