Warriors GM Bob Myers named Executive of the Year
The league announced the Dubs' latest victory Monday, just two weeks after the club claimed its second championship in three years.
Myers all but locked up the award last summer when he signed superstar Kevin Durant in free agency, adding the 2014 MVP to a squad that had just won an NBA record 73 regular-season games before falling in the Finals.
With KD on board, Golden State finished the regular season with the No. 1 seed and steamrolled through the playoffs, dropping only one game en route to the title.
That wasn't the only award picked up by a Warrior. Draymond Green was named the Defensive Player of the Year, Klay Thompson earned the Performance of the Year honor, and Durant captured Best Playoff Moment.
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- Reporter doesn't recognize Jazz's Clarkson during street interview
- Knicks GM says all players vaccinated
- Report: Warriors reach deal with Avery Bradley