Draymond Green wins Defensive Player of the Year
No more coming in second for Draymond Green.
Green was the linchpin of the second-best defense in the league for a Golden State Warriors side that finished with the best regular-season record in the NBA and won the championship with a dominant 16-1 run through the playoffs. Green's ability to guard every position on the floor was the backbone of the Warriors' switch-heavy defense.
Individually, Green ranked second in defensive real plus-minus, led the league in steals, and averaged 1.4 blocks while holding opponents to the third-lowest shooting percentage at the rim.
Green's versatility eventually won out, but Leonard and Gobert were also worthy candidates. Leonard is the most tenacious on-ball defender in the league, while Gobert is the best rim protector.
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- Reporter doesn't recognize Jazz's Clarkson during street interview
- Knicks GM says all players vaccinated
- Report: Warriors reach deal with Avery Bradley