Report: Tate expected to meet Murphy in flyweight bout at UFC Fight Night
Miesha Tate is expected to drop down to the flyweight division for a UFC Fight Night match with Lauren Murphy, sources told Damon Martin of MMA Fighting.
Both competitors reportedly verbally agreed to the bout, though no contract has been signed.
The fight was initially scheduled for UFC 273 on April 9 but was moved to the May card, sources told Martin and Mike Heck of MMA Fighting.
A former bantamweight champion, Tate recently contemplated moving down to 125 pounds.
Tate is 1-1 since coming out of retirement in 2021. She was defeated by Ketlen Vieira via decision in her last appearance in the Octagon at a UFC Fight Night event in November.
Meanwhile, Murphy's last fight was a TKO loss to Valentina Shevchenko in a bid for the UFC flyweight title at UFC 266.
The Fight Night card is set to take place May 14 at a location to be determined.
- Figueiredo: Garbrandt 'in decline,' flyweight not for him
- UFC 270 weigh-in results: Ngannou, Gane cleared for title fight
- UFC 270 best bets: Ngannou hard to refuse as underdog
- UFC 270 loses Vieira-Turman; Topuria reportedly out vs. Jourdain
- Report: Ex-UFC champ Andrade returning to strawweight for Lemos fight