VIDEO: Braves' Simmons misses out on walk off after line drive hits umpire
Andrelton Simmons should've been the hero Saturday night.
Simmons should've been awarded the walk-off after he drilled a frozen rope down the third-base line that would've almost assuredly scored the game-winning run.
But in a bizarre moment, the ball hit the umpire, holding the runner at second and saddling Simmons with a single.
No worries, though, as rookie Jace Peterson stepped up two batters later and hammered a single to left field, stealing all the glory away from Simmons.
- Rays' Rasmussen loses perfect game on Mateo's leadoff double in 9th
- Dodgers' 12-game win streak ends as Singer, Royals blank L.A.
- Orioles GM confident in playoff chances: 'I think we're gonna' make it
- Report: Red Sox plan to restart talks with Bogaerts, Devers after season
- Rookie of the Year rankings: Adley makes his push, Braves' pair rules in NL