GIF: Orioles ball girl apologizes after scooping up a fair ball
Blue Jays third baseman Edwin Encarnacion lashed a ground-ball down the third-base line during the third inning of Sunday's game in Baltimore that eluded the glove of Jonathan Schoop.
Moments later, an Orioles ball girl, keenly aware that Delmon Young was entrusted to patrol left field on Sunday, opted to intercede, failing to recognize that the ball was indeed fair.
Encarnacion was awarded a ground-rule double, while Adam Lind, who opened the inning with a leadoff walk, was ushered to third base. The ball girl was understandably apologetic.
Not only was she contrite, she demonstrated some pretty impressive range to snare that ground ball.
- Anderson, White Sox angered after Yankees' Donaldson called him 'Jackie'
- Mariners sign Justin Upton to major-league deal
- The ageless Verlander is doing it again - but now with an evolved approach
- Bichette homers twice, Manoah goes 8 as Blue Jays beat Reds
- The Outliers: 4 players with wonky stats and what they mean