Report: Red Sox land Jansen on 2-year, $32M deal
Boston beat out the Toronto Blue Jays and San Francisco Giants for the right-hander, reports David Vassegh of AM 570 LA Sports.
Jansen posted a 3.38 ERA with a 12 K/9 and an NL-high 41 saves over 54 appearances for the Atlanta Braves in 2022.
The 35-year-old owns a career 2.46 ERA with 391 saves. He spent 12 years with the Los Angeles Dodgers before joining the Braves last season.
The three-time All-Star bolsters a Red Sox bullpen that finished with the fourth-worst fWAR in baseball during the 2022 campaign. Boston's relievers blew 28 saves in 65 opportunities.
- Tatis nearing full strength, 'really excited' for 2023 return
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected
- 5 riskiest acquisitions of MLB offseason
- Bagwell praises new Astros GM for 'mixing' analytics with traditional scouting
- Moncada, Robert, ex-All-Star Cespedes playing for Cuba in WBC