Astros' Baker tests positive for COVID-19
CLEVELAND (AP) — Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker tested positive for COVID-19 prior to Friday night’s game against the Cleveland Guardians.
Baker held his usual pregame availability with the media about two hours before the 7:10 p.m. game. The announcement of the positive test came after the game started.
Baker, 73, is in his third season as Houston’s manager. Bench coach Joe Espada filled in for Baker against Cleveland.
The Astros (69-38) lead the AL West by 11 1/2 games over Seattle.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Pujols almost retired amid June slump
- For their last dance, the Cardinals are playing their greatest hits
- Report: Red Sox already had multiple meetings with Bogaerts
- Padres' Musgrove: I 'don't feel great' wearing Astros' 2017 WS ring
- MLB Playoff Power Rankings: Dissecting each team's World Series chances