Watch: Joc reads fantasy football group texts that angered Pham
Warning: Story contains coarse language
Pederson admitted to drawing Pham's ire by mocking his now-former team, the San Diego Padres, in their group chat last year. Pederson sent a GIF making fun of the Padres' poor play in the second half of last season to members of the chat, which included some of Pham's then-teammates.
He showed the GIF to reporters following Saturday's Giants-Reds game.
"It is true. I did send a GIF making fun of the Padres, and if I hurt anyone's feelings, I apologize for that," Pederson said.
Pham clearly wasn't amused by the joke, as Pederson revealed the former left the fantasy league within weeks of the incident. He then slapped Pederson before Friday's game in Cincinnati, for which he received a three-game suspension.
Pham characterized Pederson's mocking of the Padres as "disrespectful shit" and also claimed he "fucked with my money." Pederson confirmed there was "a lot of money involved" in the fantasy football league but didn't offer any more specifics.
On Friday, Pederson said Pham was initially angry about an ineligible player being stashed on injured reserve in their league.
Pederson went 1-for-3 with an RBI in the Giants' 3-2 loss to Cincinnati on Saturday.
- Kershaw: I hope Dodgers aren't 'second fiddle' for Freeman
- Going big: Aaron Judge's bet on himself is risky because he stands alone
- Cardinals' Flaherty exits with stiff shoulder in 3rd start since return
- Verdugo recalls Dodgers deal: 'At least I got traded for f------g Mookie Betts'
- Astros' Pena back after recovering from thumb injury