Mariners demote Kelenic after poor start to 2022 season
Kelenic slashed .140/.219/.291 with three homers over 30 games to start the 2022 campaign. The 22-year-old owns a .594 OPS with 17 round-trippers and 53 RBIs over 123 contests in the majors since debuting last season.
Kelenic's demotion comes exactly one year after he made his MLB debut, and right before the Mariners start a series with the New York Mets, who traded him to Seattle in the Robinson Cano, Edwin Diaz blockbuster.
- Yankees' Donaldson suspended 1 game for inappropriate comments to Anderson
- Anderson carries perfect game into 6th as Dodgers cruise to win over Nats
- Counsell: Peralta 'to miss a significant amount of time' with shoulder injury
- Ortiz: Red Sox 'would be stupid' to let Bogaerts go
- MLB Monday best bets: Dodgers, Twins to batter lousy competition